Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Knit Phone Cover

Today I have a tutorial for you for a knit phone cover. It's very similar to the knit e-reader cover I shared last year and the perfect project for the beginning knitter. I had made one for my mom a few years ago and she loved it but she lost it on vacation this year so I made her another one for her birthday.


You will need:
-yarn
-knitting needles
-needle and thread

Using #5 needles, cast on the appropriate number of loops per the size of your phone. For the Android 4, I did 30. It's hard to estimate the number of stitches you'll need to cast on. I recommend knitting one row after and lining it up. It took me two times to get the number right.


Keep knitting until you get the cover long enough to cover the phone like a sandwich.


Then sew the cover, leaving an opening at the top. Sew it pretty sides together (ugly sides visible). See, my yarn had a lovely knot in it from where two ends were put together. I made it so that side would be on the inside when finished.


Then, when you're finished, turn it inside out. All done! Your phone should fit inside snugly.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I would love for you to link up to Inspire Me this afternoon. Party goes live at 2:30 PT. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I'm hosting a pillow covers giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/10/pillow-covers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.