Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cherry Blossom Wreath

I live right outside of Washington, DC and right now it's cherry blossom season. With all the bipolar weather we've been getting lately (yesterday it was so cold I woke up to frost and it was freezing all day but today it was sunny and 70) I'm sure the trees have no clue what's going on. The only plus side is that the tree and flower blossoming has been more spread out and it feels like it's lasting a bit longer which is great. Cherry trees are my favorite (we've got a couple in our yard including weeping cherry trees) but the blossoms only last a couple days. I want them around longer! So, my solution was to make a cherry blossom wreath.


I got my inspiration at Michael's when I found these fake cherry blossoms that were 50% off.


I took a half Styrofoam wreath and wrapped it in cream colored yarn.


I then snipped all the fake cherry blossoms off and cut off the plastic backs so that the flowers could lay flat on the wreath. I positioned the blossoms in a circle and hot glued them on, alternating in color between pink and white and then added another circle on the outside. To make it seem more cherry tree and less normal flowers, I took a couple pieces of the brown plastic twigs and arranged them around the center. Here is the result.


Perfect for spring!


Now my cherry blossom season can last MUCH longer! :) I've still got another branch each of white and pink so I wonder what else I should use the blossoms for. Any suggestions?

2013 Update: Here is an updated picture of the cherry blossom wreath!


Click here to like Craft A Spell on Facebook!

Here's where I'm linking up.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Ohh.. I love your wreath! Its so simple and pretty! I need to make one of these :)

    Im going to poke around your site some more. I would love for you to share this at my Friday Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "twigs" near the center made this perfect! Thanks for sharing at A Couple of Craft Addicts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wreath is so pretty. Thanks for linking up to An Oldie but a Goodie link party! - Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.