Thursday, January 2, 2014

Vinyl Snowflake Coasters

Welcome to the first 2014 post at Craft A Spell! I wish you all a happy new year! I hope 2014 brings you great and wonderful things.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I got the big present that was on my Christmas wish list - a KitchenAid Stand Mixer! I was so surprised! I didn't think I was going to get it. My parents even gave it to me in the color I wanted - cranberry.

I've got a few projects to share with you this month and a number of them have the same theme - coasters! My first is a snowflake coaster.


I bought half a box (40) of cheap, white ceramic tiles. I believe they were $.16 each. Before getting started, I washed and dried them all off since they were dusty.


Then I cut little squares out of a cork roll I had to make feet for the tiles so they wouldn't scratch a surface.


I hot glued them on the bottom of the tile.


Then, using a snowflake hole punch I had, I punched snowflakes out using silver, white, and light blue vinyl. I stuck them on the coaster and then coated it in glitter Martha Stewart decoupage. Here is a close up.


I positioned them so that two matched (all I did was switch the position of the white and silver). It was a very easy project!


The longest part was waiting for the decoupage to dry and cure. Trust me, you want to wait!

Stay tuned for more easy coaster ideas!

2 comments:

  1. They are lovely! I need to make more coasters! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make wonderful gifts (hint, hint). Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.