Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Snowflake Wreath

For the last month, I've been working hard on lots of different wreaths. I haven't shared any yet because they all have a Christmas/winter theme. Well, it snowed here this weekend so I think that gives me permission to start sharing a few!

I started off with a plain straw wreath that I wrapped (and wrapped and wrapped...it took me 2-3 hours) in white yarn until it looked like this:


I then covered the wreath with snowflake stickers I'd found at Michaels (I believe...otherwise it was Hobby Lobby). I peeled off the back of the sticker and used a hot glue gun on the sticky part just to be safe so that one day the sticker wouldn't peel off.


It needed just a little something extra so I added a plastic white glitter snowflake on top of a blue ribbon.


Here is a close up!


This is one of the first I made! I am pretty pleased :) There are MANY more to come so stay tuned (they're all different)! I'm going to try to hold off posting about them until we're further into November as much as I can but it's going to be hard because I'm so excited and I want to share!! But I've got a couple of other projects I'll be posting in the meantime.

This November, I've decided to dedicate my time (now that I've finished all my Christmas wreaths) to National Novel Writing Month, fondly known as NaNoWriMo. I've got my idea and I need to get started. Today is the first of the thirty days of November you have to write a 50,000 word novel. Hopefully it will be the kick in the bum I need to get back to writing! Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

  1. That is really cute! I lvoe white and blue stuff for Christmas! I may copy you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea... Hadn't thought of stickers before. So many options!
    Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! I love yarn wreath and this snowflake one takes the cake. Thanks for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.