Thursday, October 13, 2016

Sidetable Makeover - Again

Today I'm sharing the last in my series of furniture re-makeovers. If you're just joining us, I had a refinishing fail and re-did my nightstands and desk. Now I'm going to show you my side tables which I think made the biggest transformation.

Here's what I used:
  • Kilz original oil based primer
  • Behr Premium Plus Ultra Interior Satin Enamel in Mystic Turquoise 
  • Varathane No Odor Interior Water Based Polyurethane Satin Crystal Clear (ordered on Amazon)
As with my previous pieces, I sanded down the tables lightly and put a coat of primer and three coats of Mystic Turquoise. Here is a picture of them with their paint during my binge watch of Gilmore Girls (trying to get ready for the new season coming out in November!). It was very crowded in here for about three weeks!


I thought the tables were too boring just painted. So, I broke out a stencil I had won in a giveaway a few years back but was too intimidated to ever use - the Gabrielle Damask Stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils.

I sponged it on using a combination of Martha Stewart metallic silver paints including sterling and pewter to create a unique two-toned look.


I'm really happy with how it came out.



Especially when it used to look like this.


I coated the top with three layers of polyurethane after I was finished.


Remember, it used to look like this many moons ago.



The new stenciled top is much better than a hundred tiny screaming faces, don't you think?


Yeah, I'm pretty sure no one can argue with that.


1 comment:

  1. All those tiny screaming face are really scary! Your makeover is gorgeous. So fun and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.