Monday, March 4, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Tulle Wreath

Last year, I made a St. Patrick's Day wreath that I liked when I made it but this year I decided it wasn't something I wanted to put back up again. I wanted something more vibrant. I love tulle wreaths and knew it was finally time to make one for myself.


I used a 12 inch Styrofoam wreath. For colors, I used white and emerald green matte tulle and apple green sparkle tulle. They came in 6 inch wide spools of 25 yards and I got them from Hobby Lobby.

 

I measured off 18 inches and cut about 30 strips of each color.


 Then I tied the strips on the wreath in a double knot, alternating in color.


 Here is what it looked like finished:


It was a little too much. It needed to be tamed. I cut about an inch off all around the edge of the tulle. I also made two felt shamrocks from this tutorial. Here is a close up of them:



Because of the thickness that the tulle provided, I wasn't able to hang it on my nail. I had to improvise. I took a key ring and slipped it onto the back of the wreath.


Here it is!


I'm very happy with it - at least for this year ;)

I'm linking up here!

The following blog was kind enough to feature me:

7 comments:

  1. Aawww - this wreath is so pretty! I love the way the tulle gives the wreath a "soft" look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simply, yet so stunning. The wreath makes me think of a tutu and makes me smile!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at the In and Out of the Kitchen link party. I can't wait to see what you bring to the party next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I LOVE this!! And it looks really easy to make. Wish I would've seen this before I made mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Megan! It was very easy to make! It took me, maybe 20-30 minutes. MUCH easier than wrapping a wreath in, say, yarn!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.