Friday, November 18, 2011

Gold Leaf Wreath

I made this wreath about a month ago. I've been saving it for the right time! I started with a plain straw wreath that I wrapped in gold yarn that had a bit of a sparkly gold glint to it.


My camera isn't all that great so you really can't see how pretty the yarn is. Here is a picture of the gold yarn (it looks more tan in reality but you can see the shine in it) compared to white yarn. Now you can see more of a difference.


I then took some gold glitter leaves I'd bought (at either Hobby Lobby or Michaels) and hot-glued some on the inside and some on the outside. I only glued along the stem part of the leaves to give the wreath an addition 3-D-ness to it.


I liked the wreath like this but thought it just needed a little more. I debated a couple days because everything I put on it seemed like it was just too much.  In the end I took some pearls I had left over from my curtain ties and glued them on.


So now we have a pretty but still simple wreath. I think this is perfect for late autumn when you're not ready to decorate for Christmas yet.






1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.