Monday, December 12, 2011

Spicing Up Christmas Ornaments Pt. 4

For my last Spicing Up Christmas project, I started off with these five ornaments.


I had originally thought that there were two different ornaments but when I tried to clean them off with Windex, the paint came off so I decided to try and remove it entirely. They ended up looking like this.


I really liked these ornaments as they were and it was my original intention to just try and clean them. But once the paint came off during cleaning, something else had to be done. It was difficult to remove it all and they remained splotchy looking so I knew I had to try something else. First I covered with a different glitter glue on top over the sparkle that was already there.


I let that dry for a day then I covered everything else (I did not put any on the places I put the glitter glue) with mod-podge and then silver glitter. They looked like this while drying.



I added a final layer of mod-podge for sealing and here's that they looked like on the tree! The picture isn't that great but I really like them! They look really pretty and even more so when it's dark and the lights are on. They glitter really nicely.




 And here is our Christmas tree!
 I'm linking this up to...


4 comments:

  1. Diana, they look great! You did an amazing job! Link up this post to some more parties. If you don't know where, please visit my page "Linky Parties". You'll find many more for each day of the week! This is a way to get some traffic (and members) to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I love how they turned out! I'd love for you to link up to my Christmas Linky Carnival!

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/11/homemade-in-december-link-carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments are stunning...beautifully embellished! I have joined your followers list and would love to have you join me as well. Season's Greetings. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comment on my wreath! All of your holidays projects are so fun- love all the sparkly things, especially these ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.