Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Aunt Mary's Chicken Salad

I'm a huge fan of my aunts' recipes as you can see from this. And I want you to be a huge fan too! This chicken salad recipe is from my Aunt Mary and can be christened by no other name. Let's get right to it!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts (we use it straight off a whole chicken and save the rest for later but you can use prepared chicken breasts)
  • 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (or more; to taste)
  • 3/4 cup diced celery
  • 3/4 cup diced carrots
  • 3 TBS chopped fresh tarragon (a lot of times our grocery store doesn't have any so we've got dried in the pantry - you should use a bit more if using dried)
  • 3/4 cup or more quartered green grapes (the best part! I always use a bit more)
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • Salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS:

1. Cook the chicken according to the package directions. Let cool. Cut into bite sized pieces or shred.
2. Saute celery and carrots.
3. Combine chicken, celery, mayonnaise, tarragon, grapes, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top (right before serving) and serve chilled.

Recipe serves 4-6.


Can you guess what I love most about this recipe? NO ONIONS! It's so hard to find a recipe for things like potato salad or chicken salad without onions. And they're those kind of recipes that looking at it, you can't tell if they're hidden in there or not. This chicken salad is so flavorful, you'll want to keep it all to yourself! Promise!

I'm sharing at these awesome linky parties!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dianna! Found you via Shine On Linky and I'm excited to give some of your delicious recipes a try! This salad looks the bomb ;)
    -Phoebe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.