Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cheesy Cornflake Chicken

This recipe has been with me for many years. I traveled far to get it - all the way to Cork, Ireland. One of the people I met introduced me to this beautiful combination of ingredients. Ever since, it's been a requested favorite in our house.


INGREDIENTS:

-chicken breasts cut into halves or quarters
-shredded cheddar cheese
-cornflakes
-2-3 eggs, beaten
-flour
-salt and pepper

*I didn't give the exact measurements because it really depends on how much chicken you are making. This is a great recipe because you can easily adjust it to make small or large portions. We usually have three chicken breasts which I cut into quarters. I'd say maybe two cups of cornflakes and cheese each, at least, with 1/2 cup of flour just to be safe.

DIRECTIONS:

1. Line up three bowls. In the first, put the flour, in the second put the eggs, and in the third, put the cornflakes and cheese (mixed together).

2. Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle a light layer of cornflakes and cheese on the bottom of the pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.


3. Dip each piece of chicken first in the flour (shake off excess), then the egg, and then the cheese-cornflake mixture before placing in the pan. Sprinkle an extra layer of cheese and cornflakes on top.


4. Bake at  350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes.


I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine.

I'm linking up here!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. Going to have to try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog! I look forward to reading more.

    You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy and pretty easy too. Thanks so much for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.