Friday, May 31, 2013

Dr. Seuss Baby Shower Card

I'm getting to that age where my friends are starting to get married and have babies. I am no where near ready to have babies yet so I am enjoying celebrating their little ones and playing with them once they're here (and getting to pass the baby back when it starts to cry).

My latest friend to fall pregnant is my wonderful friend Sarah. I am SO excited for her! We've been friends since we were babies. We grew up just down the street from each other. Our parents are still neighbors but we've both moved out. Her family planned her a Dr. Seuss baby shower (they did a great job!). It's also the theme of the nursery. I decided to jump on the Dr. Seuss train and make her a personalized card using my Silhouette Cameo.

 

Of all the Dr. Seuss rhymes, "Oh, the places you'll go" came to mind immediately. I found this image of the cover of the book online and imported it into my Silhouette Studio.


I traced the image onto cardstock using my Silhouette Sketch pens. I seem to have a difficult time aligning the cards. I would have had to cut, sketch, and flip and sketch again for this to be a folding card. I didn't want to risk messing it up with the adhesive on the mat so I did everything on one side. As you can see, the sketch pen didn't sketch perfectly.


I went ahead and traced over the part that didn't go through. It says "We can't wait to see! What an adorable mini-(name blurred out) he'll be!"


Then I colored in the front of the card with colored pencils in the same colors as the cover.


I outlined the little boy in gold glitter glue and the landscape with black glitter glue. To put the card back together, I sewed it with some gold thread. I was really happy with how it came out!


I think Sarah liked it too. She is due in July and I can't wait to meet her little baby boy when she brings him home for Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Just stopped by from Fluster's Creative Muster. This is a great idea for a baby shower.

    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I love Dr. Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Dr. Seuss fan and love your sweet card! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday at Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great theme for a baby shower. The cards are really cute. Thank you so much for coming by and partying with us!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.