Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Lovin': Tawna's Strawberry Dessert

Welcome back to our second installment of the Summer Lovin' series! This series will be running every Friday, all summer long. 


Today we have Tawna from Hooked with Love. Like Susan from last Friday, I met Tawna through One Artsy Mama's blog mentoring program. 


Here she is...

Hi, I'm Tawna. I'm a full time mom and nanny to 4 rambunctious little ones, all under the age of 4! I am also a part time blogger at Hooked with Love. I love finding new crafts and activities to do with my little munchkins. I also love to crochet and cook, especially desserts!

I'm so excited to share one of my family's favorite summer dessert recipes with you. It doesn't have a fancy name but it is super delicious!

Strawberry Dessert

Strawberry Dessert
Here is what you will need:
1 cup of butter
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 packs of Dreamwhip
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package strawberry danish dessert
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 package frozen strawberries

Now here is what you do:

Blend the butter, flour, and brown sugar together and brown in over for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Strawberry Dessert- Crust

Spread half of the crumbs in a cake pan.

Strawberry Dessert- Crust half

Set the other half aside for the topping. Whip Dreamwhip as directed on package. Add cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and spread evenly over the crust.

Strawberry Dessert- Cream cheese layer

Place in the fridge. Make the danish dessert from the "Pie Glaze" instructions on the box. Add the lemon juice and frozen strawberries. Spread on top of the cream mixture. (The colder the cream mixture is the better the danish dessert will spread.)

Strawberry Dessert - side

Cover with the remaining crumbs.

Strawberry Dessert- top layer

Serve chilled.

Strawberry Dessert layers

(Let set up in the fridge over night, for best results.)

Strawberry Dessert slice

Doesn't that look delicious? I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do and that you will come visit me at my blog for some time and see all the other delicious and crafty things that I make.

Lots of Love,

Tawna

Thank you for stopping by Tawna! I hope you'll all stay tuned for our other guest bloggers coming to you every Friday throughout the summer. Also, don't forget that Google Reader is ending soon! You can follow Craft A Spell with BlogLovin' here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.