Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My International Gallery Wall

For months I have been wanting to create my own gallery wall and I wanted it to have an international flare. I started off with pieces I had collected over the years. Then I added some of my own pieces that I had made that had global and international inspirations. Finally, after finishing my world map art last week, it was complete enough to call it a gallery wall.


This gallery wall is in my bedroom on the wall across from my bed. I love looking at it as I fall asleep.


The best part about this globally inspired gallery wall is it literally is international. It has pieces from all over the world.


1 - Metallic World Map Art
2 - Metal key from a shop in Bowness-on-Windermere, England (2011)
3 - Street art from Paris, France (2008)
4 - Street art from Venice, Italy (2006)
5 - Street art from Paris, France (2006)
6 - Street art from Amsterdam, Netherlands (2006)
7 - Ombre Teal "Change the World" Art
8 - Art from a shop in Venice, Italy (2006)

Here are close ups of the pieces.


Each piece has a story and wonderful memories attached to it which makes it even more special.


All of the pieces from 2006 were procured while I was studying abroad in Cork, Ireland. The 2008 piece was from when I went back to Europe with my family to attend my cousin's wedding. The 2011 piece is from when I went traveling with my mom when she visited me while I was living in Scotland for my master's degree.


This gallery wall is not finished. I can't wait to add more art from around the world! It needs some art from a few other continents!

4 comments:

  1. Love your gallery wall! How wonderful that it's gorgous and full of memories, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, how fun to look at all those wonderful memories before you go to sleep

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.