Monday, December 14, 2015

Moose Christmas Ornaments

Guess who's back, back again? Dianna's back. Tell your friends.

Hey everyone! I'm back! I can't believe it but somehow it's been over a year since I've posted on Craft A Spell. What have you all been up to over the last year? I've just been working and finishing up my master's degree. I just completed my second to last semester and will graduate in May! I've been doing a little bit of crafting lately and I wanted to share with you all. I'm not back 100% but I hope to get back to posting occasionally again. The first thing I wanted to share is a set of moose ornaments.


I actually made these ornaments a year ago but I finished them so close to Christmas that it was too late to share them. Now, it's the perfect timing!

You will need:
-Sculpey clay (original, in white)
-Moose cookie cutter
-Glitter
-Paint brush
-Mod Podge
-Tooth pick
-Fishing line
-Baking pan and parchment paper (and oven!)

These are super easy to make. I started off by rolling out my original Sculpey clay in white and I cut them out using a moose shaped cookie cutter I got a few years ago (I think they were part of a cookie kit from Home Goods and I bought them just because they had the moose cookie cutter). I poked a hole using a tooth pick over the back of the moose so I could later hang them. Then I baked them according to the Sculpey directions.


Next I just painted them with Mod Podge, covered them in blue, gold, silver or brown glitter, and covered them with Mod Podge again. I let them dry and repeated the steps again just to be safe. Then I flipped them over and did the other side. So, while these were incredibly easy to make, they required a lot of waiting.


To hang them up, I using fishing wire that I tied in a loop but you could use thread, ribbon, or an ornament wire!


Aren't they adorable?


I love moose!


I hope you will all come back over the next few weeks because I have quite a few Christmas related posts to share! See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.