Sunday, September 25, 2011

Autumn Wreath

Today was my friend Meg's birthday. She's a really good crafter so when she invited me over to make some things, I immediately said yes! I've really been wanting to learn how to make new things. I especially love her wreaths so I had her instruct me on how to make one. Here is the finished project:


I love it! You can't really see it, but a lot of the leaves have gold glitter on them so it shines really nicely. I bought one Styrofoam circle wreath from Michaels and those bunches of plastic autumn leaves and berries (some with glitter, some without) and cut them off. Then I glued the leaves on top of the Styrofoam then around the inside and outside and again on the top so they stuck out more. Last, I glued bunches of berries and finished it off with a cranberry red ribbon for hanging. It was super easy! I'll definitely be making some more!

We also made Meg's idea of 'spooky trees'. Mine isn't finished because I can't decide what to hang on it (or, more specifically, how to make them). Any ideas? I'd love to do some bats or ghosts or something. I just don't know how I'd make them super tiny.


Over at In the Loop, Meg should be posting instructions on how we made them pretty soon! She also made a great wreath for her favorite Ohio State team, the Buckeyes!

2013 update:

Here's a new picture of the wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.