Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ribbon Christmas Wreath

As I mentioned at the beginning of November, I've been participating in a little thing called NaNoWriMo. That's National Novel Writing Month and you have to write 50,000 words in a month. The goal is to write a novel but you don't have to finish it - just make that 50,000 words. Well, today is the last day of November and I'm almost there! Let me tell you, it's been ridiculously difficult. I was falling really far behind - like over 13,000 words behind - because of laziness Thanksgiving but I've been writingwritingwriting this last week and have caught up! Right now I'm at 48,000 words and I've still got 10 hours and 45 minutes left til the end. My crafting has been put on hold as a result but here's a Christmas wreath I made last month!

I started off by wrapping a straw wreath in this shiny green ribbon. I glued the ribbon on the back as I went with the hot glue gun so it wouldn't shift. You could also use some type of (floral) pin but I didn't have any.


Here is the wreath completely covered. It sure was bright!


I decided to add a little embellishment in the form of more ribbon. I made one bow in sheer red and one smaller bow in a light sheer gold ribbon and placed them on top of each other. Then I added a few strands of these tiny red berries and added more ribbon on the bottom for some dangling.


The green by itself was just too much on its own so I wrapped it in the sheer red ribbon and added a little red bell in the center of the bows.


Then, to tie it all together I put the gold ribbon on top of the red. It's kind of got that striped candy cane thing going on! Here it is hanging on the banister because I was too lazy to put it on the wall.


Here's a close up of the embellishment.


Since it's November 30th, that means it's almost December! I still haven't started finished my Christmas decorating. It's just all over the place right now (literally scattered in the living room half in boxes, half on tables) but as soon as I finish my 50,000 words, I'll get on it!



OMC Button2


2 comments:

  1. WOW, that is a lot of words!!! thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, yours looks lovely, very modern looking, thanks for sharing. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely!! Thanks for stopping by my blog - glad to have found yours too. I'm now following you back and would love for you to link your projects to my Craftastic party:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.