Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm a Winner!


I really can't believe it but I did it! I won NaNoWriMo! Okay, so all you get in winning is a printable 'certificate', a badge you can put on your website, and a little video from the staff yelling "CONGRATULATIONS!" which was really cute. I think I'm going to treat myself to a NaNoWriMo mug that I can sip coffee from.

It's kind of hard to accept that I really did this. People keep asking me how awesome it must feel to have a novel in my hands...my immediate response is that I don't have a novel. I just have a piece of one. I'm primarily a fantasy/young adult/historical fiction writer (with most of the emphasis on the first and sometimes they fit in the other two) so 50,000 is not a novel to me. I've "finished" a novel before (AKA I wrote a complete story...and then went back a few months later and changed everything so it is now unfinished again) and that one was more like 125,000 words. The story I wrote for this challenge was called "Lady of the Loch" and it takes place in Scotland. It was really hard for me to write as I hadn't developed a storyline much in my mind except for a few scenes but I knew I had to write it while Scotland was still fresh in my mind otherwise I might never have so, thank you, NaNoWriMo for helping me do it. I hope to try you again next year although I couldn't imagine doing it while working. Extreme props to those that do.

Now that I've finished, I hope to finally work on my blog layout again this weekend. I've been trying to come up with a cute image for Craft A Spell and I hope I've thought of a good one. The question is now whether I can draw it...and then whether I can draw it on my computer. I've done a little graphic designing before but never anything like this. Wish me luck!!

HAPPY DECEMBER!

2 comments:

  1. I won NaNoWriMo this year too! It was my first year, so I was pretty happy! Nice job! (Happily following your blog!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.