Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Winter Wreath

Everyone is different on how long they leave their Christmas decorations up. Some take them down the day after Christmas, others wait until New Year's, and some leave them up for the whole year! I try to leave ours up as long as possible...pretty much until I get yelled at which tends to be within the first week of January. I'm going to try to leave them up until the 7th which is when we're having our family Christmas with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. It's mainly because we don't have any winter decorations. It's Christmas or nothing. I really need to work on changing that so here's an idea I had for a winter wreath.

I wrapped my straw wreath in white yarn and then took a silver twig kind of thing and snipped it into strands. I then glued each strand onto the back of the wreath.


After gluing it all around the wreath, I flipped it over to the front and began gluing the silver lines down. I made sure some overlapped and went in different directions.


Here is what it looked like finished. It's simple enough that you can even leave it like this. In fact, that's what I did for a couple of weeks.


But then I decided to add some snowflakes!

 

It's perfect for winter, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I am trying to find ways to make decor that lasts longer like a winter wreath rather than a christmas wreath so it can stay up longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - we have no winter decorations. I just left out a couple snowmen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.