Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Key to...?

I haven't been up to much crafting lately due to my focus on this...


I've really only been doing it for about two - two and a half weeks and I'd never done needlepoint before but I've only just finished the cabin (I finished it this weekend and this picture is from last weekend). Now I'm starting the rest from top to bottom. It's a nice brainless task to do...the only problem is my back and shoulders start aching if I do more than two or three strings of color so I can only do it for an hour or so. It's going to take me a LONG time. Maybe I'll have it finished by next Christmas??

The other day I was going through our spare bedroom and found a box filled with keys. There were normal keys, kind of funky normal keys, and some interesting keys (and one little army man)...


But more importantly, there were skeleton keys! Look at them all. I LOVE skeleton keys and wish we still used them. I had one for my flat in Edinburgh and loved it. Who knows what these were all from?? I'm assuming just old houses or furniture (maybe some pieces we still have).  Maybe I'll make something with them? Any ideas besides necklaces?


In other news, I won my first blog giveaway earlier this month. It was from eighteen25 and I was really surprised I won since they have such a big following and with how fast it came here (I won a free t-shirt back in October from Lee Jeans Spin & Win and I still haven't gotten it)! It was for a free pack of slim-fast but it came in this awesome box with this even awesomer button that says "Wow! You look amazing!" So cute! Thanks eighteen25!


Have you seen this new interactive blogger map over at Latte Love? I love the idea of finding bloggers near you!

2 comments:

  1. That is coming along great! I ca't believe you found all those. Lucky!

    You will need to come teach Amie and I how to Needlepoint. We were just talking about it the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - they're so cool but I have no idea what to do with them. I'll just hoard them for now. Needlepoint is pretty easy - I thought it was much more complicated than it actually was! But I got a kit for my first try - I'd be happy to show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.