Friday, February 10, 2012

Kitchen Renovation

Sorry I haven't been around all week. The projects I've been working on take a while so I've had nothing to post on. Plus I got sick on Wednesday and have been glued to my bed the last 36 hours (this really could not have come at a worse time - I've got a bachelorette party this weekend and I'm helping a friend move and I've got some important things to do next week...). Luckily I've got some before and after house renovation projects I've had stashed away for a rainy day.

About two years ago we redid our kitchen. My dad is a very handy man (professionally an electrician) and practically built our house. So, naturally, he did our kitchen saving us a lot of money. Plus he works with some general contractors so he got a bit of a deal on our cabinets and granite.

Here are our before pictures. We had "lovely" terracotta type tiles and those wooden cabinets from the 80s that must have ONCE been considered awfully stylish - now they're just awfully awful. We also had fake butcher block cabinets. All this went great with the stainless steel appliances we had begun purchasing.I apologize for the lack of perfectness in these photos. I realized none of my after pictures had the back splash so I trudged downstairs to take some quick ones and I did not feel like cleaning. Sorry.


Goodbye cheesey wall decorations!

 
 

Did I mention we got those fancy cabinets that close all the way when you nudge them? My only problem is now I can't seem to close cabinets all the way in other people's houses.


My dad did everything himself except for the floors. We had wood floors in our front hallway and dining room and got them included in the kitchen so it flowed better. Here's a close up of the tile back splash. I LOVE it and wish there were more sparkly tiles in it :) I helped my mom pick it out along with the granite. <3



20000 times better, right? Okay, now back to my bed.

I'm linking up here.

Comments have been disabled from this post due to the overwhelming amount of spam.

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, much better! Love the counters and the cabinets really perk it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your renovation posts. We are fixing up our house too. You guys are doing an awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the cabinet color and the backsplash with the granite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the backsplash too. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have the same cabinets! They are so ugly. (I painted my red) I'd love for you to link it up to my party. You can win a chance for $25 of free fabric just for linking up a project or leaving a comment. http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/02/linky-31-will-craft-forfree-fabric.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome backsplash!! I wish I was handy enough to do some tile work in our kitchen. Amazing upgrade! Thanks for sharing at A Couple of Craft Addicts!

    ReplyDelete