Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Salmon Stir Fry

When I was living in Scotland, I started eating salmon more regularly but I wanted something different than just baked salmon. I just googled salmon recipes and stumbled across this amazing recipe that I have to share! Comments in italics are my own.

Ingredients

Serves: 2
 
For the Salmon:
  • 2 salmon fillets
  • 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 (5cm) piece of ginger, chopped (I use powered because I'm lazy)
  • 4 tablespoons sake or white wine (I use white wine)
  • 3 tablespoon sugar (preferably brown sugar but caster [granulated] is also fine - I use brown)
  • 4 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon groundnut oil (I use olive oil - original recipe writer says vegetable oil is fine too)
  • 1 knob of butter (not really sure how much a knob actually is but I use about 1 TBS) 
For the Stir fry noodles:
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil (vegetable or groundnut oil is also fine)
  • 350g of egg noodles (I have used all kinds of noodles including rice noodles and thin spaghetti and they both work)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 (4cm) piece of ginger, chopped (again, I've just used powdered)
  • Whatever stir fry vegetables you want. The original recipe creator suggests the following (I use whatever I have including carrots, broccoli, and zucchini):
  • 1 medium sized onion, sliced
  • 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
  • 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
  • 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
  • 4-5 pieces of closed cup mushroom, sliced
  • Soy sauce, to taste

Preparation method

Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 30 mins
 

2 comments:

  1. I love salmon! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.