Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Project Post: Week 5

Attention! Spoiler alert if you haven't watched Project Runway Season 10 Episode 5!





This week's challenge was another team one. To be honest, I don't even remember what it was all about - I just wasn't that into it. I paid attention at the end but I was running around getting ready for a baby shower I was hosting (more on that later!) so I was working while the designers were working. I just know that they divided up into two teams and each had to create a collection that women could wear to work. To me, Team Five (Christopher, Ven, Gunnar, Fabio, and Nathan) had a much more wearable collection. While I liked a lot more of the pieces from Team Six (Alicia, Elena, Dmitry, Sonjia, Raul, and Melissa) and thought they were more forward thinking and creative, they were a little too much for me to wear in an office environment. Team Five really was a collection while Team Six just seemed like individual pieces. I'm kind of surprised they won the challenge just because they didn't seem to really follow the rules set forth. But let's see how they did...in my eyes...

1.  Christopher (I really like his work, don't I?)



I loved this piece. It was so cute! I would absolutely wear this look straight off the runway.

2. Dmitry


Such a cute dress! It would definitely be hanging in my closet if it were in stores...and I could pull it off.

3.  Melissa (challenge winner)


I absolutely get why the judges loved this look. It was a great piece and in my favorite color and on any other challenge, I might have picked it as #1. But in the workplace? Really? How many women who don't work in fashion could actually pull this off at work? Not many at all.

4. Nathan


I liked his look! I don't know why the judges didn't! I liked the fabric of the top and I couldn't imagine a fifty year old wearing something like that. It's not old-lady at all unless that old lady is supa-fierce!

5 & 6. Elena/Alicia


 I put these two designers together because they created the looks together. In the second picture, Elena did the top and Alicia did the bottom. I'm assuming it's the same for the first. I thought Elena was back on with her style - she did the big shoulders that a normal person could actually pull off and wear. Although their looks were a little too casual for me.

7. Ven


A nice piece.

8. Fabio


 I thought this dress was fine. Seen it before. I wasn't amazed by it like the judges.

 9. Gunnar


I thought this outfit was all right until Heidi said the model had souffle boobs. I just died with laughter and couldn't look at it the same. Sorry Gunnar! I am liking you more as a person since they seemed to have stopped making you be all catty with Christopher.

10 & 11. Sonjia and Raul (Out! Again!)

 

Sonjia skirts were cute so I really shouldn't be putting her at the bottom but she did outfits with Raul who was pretty bad. I've got lots of shirts with ruffles on them but his was too much and his second shirt was too little. And his attitude got nasty. It was time for him to go home and stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.