Thursday, August 23, 2012

Baby Shower: The Decorations

Last weekend I had the honor to throw my first baby shower. It was for my dear friend Meg at In the Loop who is expecting her first child - a baby girl! I am so excited for her and can't wait to meet her little girl when she arrives in October (right around my birthday!). For months in advance, I scoured Pinterest for some easy decorating ideas. It was going to be a small, intimate affair as she was having larger showers back home in Ohio and at work, but I wanted something cute and feminine. Meg didn't want anything that screamed BABY and I didn't want to shove pink down anyone's throat so I went for a pink/white/yellow theme.

The majority of the decorations were in the dining room. I followed this Martha Stewart tutorial for tissue paper pom poms, which were fairly easy, and used streamers in each corner of the room in light pink, hot pink, yellow, and white. I got this cute and disposable iridescent table cloth from a party store where I picked up everything else.



I really like these decorations. I want to leave them up! But I've been denied that. I wish I had another room to display the tissue paper pom poms in!


I also just had to get an 'It's a Girl' sign. I would have loved to make my own but I don't own anything fancy and was too tired to make it the old-fashioned way. It was cheap and reusable. I just found out a lot of my friends are expecting so maybe it will be needed within the next 9 months!

In the room where we sat and chatted, I also decorated a chair for her to sit in while she opened her gifts. Just some balloons and streamers!

We were SO lucky that despite it being August, it was pretty nice outside. Around these parts, August is usually the hottest month of the summer but so far, July was 100 times worse! We sat outside and did an activity (post to come soon!) on the back porch. My mom (who was gracious enough to co-host with me) got the idea from our hair dresser for these gifts for the attendees. They're flowers wrapped in diapers! The guests loved them and they made a cute centerpiece while we sat at the table. All you have to do is buy a pack of newbie diapers (I looked for preemie but couldn't find any) and wrap them around the flower base. Super simple gift! And you can give the mom to be the rest of the diapers!


Stay tuned for more baby shower posts!

I'm linking up here!

3 comments:

  1. I love the poms! Great job! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great..i like you work and decoration.You chose a nice spot to decorate your baby shower.
    Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful event venue! I was just going through some posts because my sister is going to have a baby and I want to organize a nice baby shower for her. It is something I have always wanted to do. I am collecting all the nice ideas for the baby shower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.