Monday, December 3, 2012

One Artsy Mama Ornament Exchange

This year, I had the pleasure of participating in the One Artsy Mama ornament exchange.




I was so excited to participate as I've never done an exchange before! As soon as I signed up, I began scouring the internet for ideas. Once I got my name, I was able to narrow it down. My recipient said she loved snowflakes. I was super excited to get her because she lives in the UK.

Eventually, I came across this pin.


Which led to this website.

Which led to this tutorial.

I took my list of beads with me to Michaels and couldn't find anything I wanted. Those I did like were glass and so expensive! When I got home, I searched the internet for a place to get beads and I came upon consumercrafts.com. They are amazing! They are officially my new go-to craft supply store!

While I was waiting for my beads to arrive, I got an amazing package in the mail of gift ornaments from my exchange partner, Inka. I'll be sharing those soon. But in it, I learned a little something about Inka - she's expecting her first baby (in fact, she's probably had him by now!) and it's a little boy she's going to name Liam. So I got to work to add a little something special for him. Here's what is going Inka's way (and is hopefully there by now as I mailed it out the Friday after Thanksgiving).


I made one of my mini Christmas stockings and stitched his name on one side and 2012 on the other side.

Inka is also a collector of post cards. I wasn't sure what kind she would like, so I sent her a whole bunch to choose from.


Being from just outside of Washington, DC, there were lots of sites to chose from!
 

This one is my favorite! It's shimmery! I wasn't sure if post card collectors liked them to be written on so I left them blank just in case.

And here are the snowflakes I made. I love them! I hope she does too! She put white, green, red, and gold as her favorite colors so hopefully she'll like these.

I'm linking up here:
I'm Topsy Turvy

5 comments:

  1. Love these! The snowflakes turned out so pretty, and the stocking is such a sweet little first ornament for Liam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am surfing around the other ornament exchange participants. I also make beaded ornaments. These are so pretty. If you want to see some of the things I have done with them other than my exchange, check out my previous posts. Thanks for the link to where you found beads. For kids, I found some beads at Oriental Trading. You have included some very thoughtful gifts in your package to Inka. Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thoughtfulness and attention to detail! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey from tessacotton! Love your creation. I would be so thrilled if you would link up to my new, Christmas themed linky party!
    http://tessacotton.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, she hasn't ;) He's 4 days late, I'm going crazy as I'm REALLY tired and heavy by now! My parents came to visit, my dad is on his way back to Poland exactly right now and he hasn't see his grandchild yet, my mum stays here until 12th and I can only hope Liam will be kind enough to get out of me by then (if not, I'll be induced on 12th so she won't see him anyway...).
    Anyway, back to the point - thank you SO MUCH for the ornaments, I'm absolutely in love with them and gosh, the postcards! So beautiful! My mum wanted to hide all gifts from you and take it home with her ;D Liam's stocking is hanging on the wall over his cot, it's so adorable! Even my partner liked it very much and he's not a "I like handmade stuff" person ;) After Christmas it'll be added to Liam's first year (or more :P) scrapbook I'm making :) It was so thoughtful of you, it made me REALLY happy!
    Thank you so so so much!
    Have a nice week and please, have fingers crossed for me that I'll get this little guy out of me very soon ;)
    Wish you all the best!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.