Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mission Complete: Needlepoint

I did it. I really did it! Cue Dora the Explorer 'We did it' song. Why was this song the first thing that came to mind? I don't even have children.

On January 31st, I shared this post letting you know I had started a needlepoint. And then it was never to be heard from again. Here is the picture from that post where I had only finished the cabin.


I continued on through March or April and then I just stopped. I got...we'll say distracted. Better wording may be lazy. Then October rolled around and I realized that Christmas was really soon and I was only about 40% complete. I promised myself I would finish the needlepoint by the end of November so I could use it in my Christmas decorations. So I got to work. And I did it. I finished about a week and a half ago.

I wanted to frame it. So I went to Michaels and found a super cute frame on clearance as well as some foam core board to staple it to. Well, apparently it doesn't work like that. You can't just put it in a normal picture frame. The foam is too thick! I can't believe I didn't even think about it. Looking back, I feel so silly. After a few hours of trials and tribulations, I removed an inner wood piece from the frame, bought some matting that I cut to size, and I framed the darn thing.


Moral of the story? Never give up. Never surrender.

Now I'm going to find one to put on the other side of the wall so they look pretty together. Since the frames were on clearance, we bought two. I look forward to this time next year when I'm panicking to put it together and I've forgotten why I shouldn't have bought these frames in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.