Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Glitter Sticks

This project was inspired by this beautiful pin.
 

We've got some decorative twigs sitting in our upstairs hallway.


I knew that by using them, I wouldn't have to worry about bugs that could be crawling on those ones you get outside. They're really long, though.


So I snapped the tops off and discarded the rest for firewood.


Using my hands, I covered the sticks in Snow-tex. I then took them outside and spray painted them with silver glitter paint. The problem was, however, I forgot how badly the glitter paint stunk. And I don't mean it smelled bad (though it did). Apparently I didn't remember how much a pain this mirror was. I used the entire can of glitter spray on the twigs and you could barely see it. So I poured extra normal silver glitter on top of it. Here's how they turn out.


Here's a close up. I like the difference in the colors and textures with the wood, white, and glitter.


And I stuck them in my blue painted vase!


Stay tuned throughout this week for more late winter decorations!

I'm linking up here!

7 comments:

  1. I saw that pinterest idea as well. Yours turned out good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had made more to fill the vase better though and I think they could have used more glitter!

      Delete
  2. I saw these somewhere recently and you did a great job recreating them. I have thought about making them myself as well, just haven't gotten around to it. So you are saying you are not fond of bugs....: ). Me either, have a great rest of your Wednesday Dianna. "Inspiration in Progress" Link up tomorrow. : ) http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dianna, Very pretty. I was looking at some glittery sticks to buy, but didn't want to spend that much. I have some black sticks, think I may give this a whirl. Thanks for sharing. New follower. Found you on Blissful and Domestic's Feature Friday Linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooohhhh....Glitter.....!!
    Nice one! Thanks for linking at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. My, what a lovely, clean home page you have. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I've had some wonderful help! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.