Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine's Week: Valentine's Cards

With my new Silhouette, I knew I didn't want to spend the money on Valentine's Day cards this year (or pretty much any cards ever again!). On average, a nice card costs around $4! That's ridiculous! So this year, I decided I wanted to make my own. I specifically picked designs that were pre-made and FREE!

For my dad, I chose the love you card that came as one of the free designs when I bought my Silhouette. For the front, I didn't change much.


On the inside, however, I added a heart and cut out DAD to give it a personal touch and make it a little different from what someone else might make.


For my mom, I chose the girl with heart design. It was the free weekly design a few weeks ago (if you don't download these every week, you're missing out! I download them even if I'm not 100% interested at the moment because you never know when you'll want it!). I added some hearts and left the inside blank so I could write a message.


I think they came out cute! I know my parents will like them because they're hand made and I like them because they're free!

Stay tuned tomorrow for our last day in ~**Valentine's Week**~.

I'm linking up here!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute cards!! Might make my hubby one like your sweet girl. New follow. Follow back at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/02/hey-girl-valentine-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great shape because there are lots of different options and putting the girl together reminded me of playing dolls haha

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.