Monday, March 25, 2013

Decoupage Napkin Easter Eggs

I've seen some truly beautiful decoupage Easter eggs out there. I thought it would be the perfect technique for my Styrofoam Easter eggs that I have an abundance of because it would cover the Styrofoam.


I rummaged through the house to find some napkins. I found these mostly Thanksgiving ones.


I also used white streamers and a little bit of yellow streamer.

Therefore, you will need:
-napkins, tissue paper, and/or streamers cut into strips
-Mod Podge (I used gloss and sparkle)

I made sure that nothing came across as Thanksgiving so when I cut everything out, I skipped on the pumpkins and turkeys. All I did was cut everything into strips, coat the Styrofoam egg in Mod Podge and then place the strips on the egg and cover it all in Mod Podge again. The leafy napkins came out very interesting. You can't really see the pattern so they have a bit of a marbled texture. Overall, I'm very pleased!

Here are some of my favorites:


 I put them all together in this hurricane pedestal vase.


Here it is at a different angle so you can see all of the eggs.


Here is another:


I made all of these over two weekends in batches of six. Each batch took me only 20-30 minutes.

Don't forget - our Silhouette Cameo giveaway has ended! Be sure to check here to see if you're our big winner!

I'm linking up here!

2 comments:

  1. They turned out great! Love the colors and pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these and actually love the colors. They are very earthy!

    I am so glad you linked this project up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. I can't wait to see what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBIg.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.