Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Cards

Easter is almost here and I just scrambled to make some simple, quick Easter cards for my parents. I found this wonderful free Easter egg file from Burton Avenue. Angie is wonderful - she always makes her files available in different formats - including Silhouette Studio! I was able to import her design (which she is SO kind to share) directly into my Studio to work!


I opened up a separate window in my studio and drew a rectangle with a dotted line down the enter to help with folding. Then I chose one of the Easter egg designs and copied and pasted it in the left window. Then I loaded the design into my Silhouette and cut. For some reason, I always end up making gigantic cards. I can't seem to figure out what the normal card size is. Oh, well.

After that was finished, I used my Silhouette sketch pens for the first time that came with my Silhouette (I have white, silver, gold, and copper - for this I used silver and gold). I centered HAPPY EASTER in 90 point Curlz font and then deleted all of my other designs (so the sketch pens wouldn't draw it). Then I switched it from blade to pen and drew the words. This is how it looked after both steps.


When it was finished, I peeled my paper off the mat and cut out a piece of scrapbook paper to fit behind the Easter egg cut out. I then glued it on. All done!


I then repeated the process to make another - one for Mom and one for Dad. The green one shown above is for my dad. This is for my mom.


I really like them and I'm loving the sketch pens! It's so much better than me writing it all lopsided and messy!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, they are all so beautiful. Difficult to say that I have a favorite, but the last certainly captures my attention. I hope you'll write a tutorial on how you use the sketch pens and created this beautiful card. Love it.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Do you have a Silhouette? All you do is replace the blade in the Silhouette with a Sketch Pen and use it the same way with your studio (when you go to the cut page change the selection from blade to sketch pen)! My bloggy friend Amy at One Artsy Mama just happened to do a tutorial last week that you might find helpful!
      http://www.oneartsymama.com/2013/03/silhouette-sketch-pens-and-promo-codes.html

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.