Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Flower Tree

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm finally ready for spring! I'm a winter lover but it's time now. To help hurry spring along, I decided to make something that would just scream spring (aka bright, pink, and flowery). I still had lots of blossoms left over from my Cherry Blossom Wreath that I made last year. I've been holding onto them for a year and I finally got an idea to make a mini flower tree.


I started off by plucking all the blossoms off their stems.


Then I pinned them one by one onto the Styrofoam cone form using a pin through the hole in the center. I decided that the pin gave it an extra dimension but you could also hot glue them on.


I kept going all the way down, careful to cover all the Styrofoam. When I was almost to the bottom, I realized I wasn't going to have enough flowers to cover the entire thing. I almost panicked. To cover the bottom, I grabbed some hot pink ribbon and wrapped it around the bottom twice, using hot glue to place it. Then I made a little bow to cover the end pieces where I stopped and started the ribbon. Then I pinned on the rest of my flowers to cover the ribbon edge. Voila!


It's the perfect piece for spring! It will go nicely with my Cherry Blossom Wreath when I hang it up again.


Can't you just imagine the sunshine already?


I'm linking up here!
This project was kindly featured at:

11 comments:

  1. Such a CUTE idea!!! I'm starting on Easter crafts today and then I'll do spring. I have to concentrate on one holiday/season at a time otherwise i think I'd go crazy! lol Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I've got a couple more Easter crafts up my sleeve and then I need to come up with more for spring too!

      Delete
  2. too cute! I want to try with sunflowers...ooooo so cute! Love your blog! New BlogLovin follower!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunflowers would be so cute! Good idea! Send me a picture if you made one!!

      Delete
  3. So cute & pretty!! You are so talented!! I'm going to try and make one for my kitchen bar. Pinned it!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Thanks for sharing with us at "In and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party"

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I have a few of those foam cones that I had high hopes of making into something for Christmas but never got around to. This would be a great project to use them. Thanks for linking up!

    -Missy @ So You Think You're Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, this is really beautiful. I love the look of it. so springy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'll be featuring this on my party highlight post this week.

      Delete
  7. Dianna, this turned out great. That is alot of patience to glue all those on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.