Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sequin Easter Egg

This Easter egg is pretty straight forward. My original plan was to cover the entire egg in sequins but, well, my hands got tired, my patience ran out, and my egg was running out of room with all the pins getting clustered in the same area. It was one of those things where I was expecting it to come out differently but it still worked even when laziness was all the odds were against me!


To make something similar, you will need:
-Styrofoam eggs
-sequins
-pins
-tissue paper (I used white streamers)
-Mod Podge

Start off with a plain Styrofoam egg.


Slide the pin through the hole in the sequin and stick it into the Styrofoam egg. I brought the edges of mine down in four points. Then I coated the exposed Styrofoam with Mod Podge, laid strips of white streamer on it, and coated the Mod Podge over it again. If I were to do it again, I would have put the streamer on the entire egg first. Here is a close up:


I really like it! It's nice and delicate and fits perfectly in this little crystal holder that I found. I would make more but I don't have anymore of the crystal and...well...I'm lazy.


UPDATE: I'm not as lazy as I thought. This Easter egg needed a friend, so I made another one!

I'm linking up here!

4 comments:

  1. Lazy or brilliant? It turned out lovely in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! We'll call it, lazy brilliance :)

      Delete
  2. It turned out great!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. Thanks for sharing with us at "In and out of the Kitchen"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.