Saturday, August 25, 2012

Baby Shower: The Food

The baby shower on Saturday was at 2PM so I wanted to make sure there was enough food for people to snack on and have choices - including a meal if they didn't eat lunch.


We had chips and salsa, crackers and cheese, nuts, and a fruit salad of watermelon, blueberries, and cantaloupe.


I made yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting (okay it was out of a box!) and used red sprinkles to give it a little baby girl flavor. We had lots of fresh flowers (in pink!) around the house to carry the pink vibe.


I made this yummy family recipe for meatballs.


I had iced tea (sweet and unsweetened) and I made a super yummy and super easy strawberry lemonade recipe. I just took a container of frozen lemonade and a container of frozen daiquiri mix (non alcoholic).  I made them separately and added the strawberry daiquiri mix to the lemonade a little bit at a time and tasted it as I went. It was very sweet and I wished for some fresh lemon slices to toss in but we were all out. Instead, I mashed up some fresh strawberries and tossed them in a few hours before the guests arrived. I couldn't get enough of it later!

  
Another recipe you can view here is for this grape and almond chicken salad. It's my favorite and I just can't keep it to myself! Stay tuned in the next couple of days for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.