Thursday, October 4, 2012

Glitter Pumpkin

I've been seeing glitter pumpkins everywhere! Last year all the bloggers were making them and this year all the stores are selling them! I just had to make my own too. I found this plastic pumpkin on sale at Hobby Lobby.


I coated it in Mod Podge and then sprinkled it all over with chocolate diamond glitter.


To seal the glitter on, I coated it again with Mod Podge.


I will say that once it dried, I liked the glitter texture before I coated it with Mod Podge. Although the glitter would have fallen off, it got way too shiny - probably because I only have glossy Mod Podge and not a regular one.

I wanted to make my pumpkin different so I wrote the word 'fall' on it with gold glitter glue and then sprinkled more gold glitter on top to make it stand out. To get all those glitter specks off where they weren't supposed to be, I brushed them off with a small paint brush. Here is the final result!


My mom likes it so much, she's requested three large ones. I just might have to oblige! I'm linking up here!

Combined with the other projects I made (like this and this), here is our early fall entryway. 

3 comments:

  1. I love glitter! These are super cute!! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love the glitter, thanks so much for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute! I love how you added "fall" to it! Thanks for linking up at The Little Giggler. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.