Wednesday, January 9, 2013

AfterChristmas Presents

What? You've never heard of AfterChristmas? That's when you buy yourself everything you didn't get on your Christmas list. It is celebrated by holding onto your brand new presents and crying over your empty wallet.

For my mom, her AfterChristmas present to herself was a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Technically I'm calling that a present for me too, especially because she bought it in Ice Blue. Isn't she pretty? I'm so excited to use her!! As long as I still live with my parents, I will take full advantage of her.



My AfterChristmas present to myself was a DSLR camera. I've been saving for a while and was so scared to make the purchase but I finally did!


I love the flip out screen!


I got it on Friday and I've been playing nonstop! I'm in love! Poor Zeus does not like my new camera as he is being forced to model.


Right now I'm just having fun with it and playing with the different settings.  I haven't dared to venture into manual mode yet. My favorite one is the close up setting.


I hope to take a class on it in the upcoming future. I'm thinking of trying one of those new web based ones. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. Zeus is looking skinnier! Maybe now that you have the mixer you can make me some of those yummy cranberry cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DSLRs are fabulous. I've had mine for 10 years, and I need a new one. I'm jealous at all of the bells and whistles they have now. Enjoy your present to yourself. If I could buy one, I'd get a Cameo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.