Friday, January 11, 2013

Snow Wreath

I took all my Christmas decorations down this weekend and now my house looks so empty! I've been busy working on some winter decorations to place by the front door. While finishing up a couple projects, it was driving me crazy not having anything hanging in my wreath spot. I couldn't think of a single thing to put there! All my wreaths were too Christmas-y or else it was my Valentine's Day wreath and that was too early.

I went through my stash and found a wreath I could reuse since I didn't have any extras. Luckily, when I made this St. Patrick's Day Wreath, I attached the shamrocks with pins so I plucked them off and had a yarn wrapped wreath (super extra bonus that it was already wrapped!). I wasn't that crazy about my St. Patrick's Day wreath anyway so I didn't mind losing that. I'll just have to see if I can come up with something better this year!

Ever since I made this wreath last year for my cousin, I wanted to make one for myself. Unfortunately, I didn't have all the supplies on hand. Therefore, I had to make something a little different. Luckily, I still had some leftover yarn.


I had purchased these cheap, wooden words last year with the idea of making the wreath. I painted them both white but then decided to just use 'snow'.


I wrapped the black/silver yarn over the white in a criss-cross and then once again. I glued on the snow sign and used some of those pretty crystal twigs I had left over. For some 3-D I added silver glitter mini pine cones I've been holding onto for a while. This is what I came up with:
  

I may still add more pine cones. Here's a close up of what they look like.

 

 Here it is from the side:


I also took some silver glitter glue and outlined 'snow'.


I like it! It's perfect to fill the void between Christmas and Valentine's Day.


Stay tuned as I piece my winter decorations together!


I'm sharing here!

2 comments:

  1. Dianna,

    This turned out really cute, and I like the color choices. They are wintery and sparkly without being too expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such wonderful projects! I love reading your blog. I wanted to invite you to come link up at a party on my blog. It is a link party for OLD projects--so that we can hopefully get more traffic to our blogs using projects we've already posted. Come over and remind us of some of your favorite projects!
    The link-up is live now.
    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/hello-and-welcome-to-first-oldie-but.html
    Hope to see you there!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.