Monday, January 14, 2013

Keep Calm and Moose On

You know that time you think you're coming up with a great, original idea and then you find out someone already thought of it? This happened to me recently. I know I'm super late jumping on that whole 'Keep Calm' bandwagon but I had just been on Pinterest and found one that made me laugh out loud for once.


It got me thinking what would make me love one? I was making my bed and looked at my flannel sheets that have a moose trim on the pillows and I thought well, moose, of course. I should probably preface that with moose are my fav. I mean, how can you not like this face?


I thought it would be extremely clever to come up with 'Keep Calm and Moose On'. I decided to google it just in case. Someone else thought of it first! I was too slow! Oh, well. That didn't stop me from making my own sign!

I decided to use my Silhouette Cameo instead of just making a printable. I designed my own using a moose silhoeutte like this one and I learned about the trace tool.

I also found an old wooden frame and painted it  blue. Even after three coats, you could still see the wood grain. I decided I liked it.


I cut my image out using white card stock. To make it stand out, I put it over a blue and green floral glitter scrapbook paper. I kind of love it.

 

 I think I made it my own with the inverted moose positioning.

 

Right I'm, I'm keeping it with my winter decorations. Once winter is over, it will fit perfectly in my room!

 
I'm linking up here!

Don't forget to like Craft A Spell on facebook!

3 comments:

  1. So jealous of those cool cameo projects! Love the sign! I love hedgehogs myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will confess - the cameo isn't as absolutely perfect as I thought it would be! But I'm still learning! Hedgehogs would be super cute!

      Delete
  2. This is adorable!! TFS!! Stopping by from Serendipity and Spice's linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2013/01/fun-fur-boa-scarf.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.