Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentine's Week: Love of Pearls

Welcome to Day 3 of Craft A Spell's ~**Valentine's Week**~! Today we're incorporating pearls into our decor.


I. Love. Pearls. There's no doubt about it. So when people started using pearls in their crafts, I was ecstatic. Why didn't I think of it first? Ugh, we never think of anything cool first, do we? Otherwise, we'd probably be really rich and super popular.

Last year, I saw this beautiful pearl wreath (I still want to make one!) on Pinterest.


Then this week, I saw this pin where pearls were glued on letters. My mind started turning.


I will confess - initially I had much bigger plans for this. I wanted to make something much larger. But I've been trying REALLY hard to craft on a tighter budget. I'm trying to learn how to stretch my dollar. I wanted to do one of those things where LOVE were stacked on top of each other. You know, where L & O were next to each other sitting on top of V & E. But the letters I wanted were $3 each. That's $12 and then the pearls were $3.50 each and I'd probably need a few boxes. I just couldn't spend that much. So I found a tiny little already made sign and it was only $1.99.


So I bought my pearls and I painted it pink.
 

Using a hot glue gun, I glued each pearl on, alternating between two sizes. It came out so cute!


I love my love sign! It's like little bubbles of love.


Thanks for stopping by ~**Valentine's Week**~! There's more coming your way tomorrow!

I'm linking up here! As well as these special themed linky parties:

http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/


This post was kindly featured at:

12 comments:

  1. Dianna, how adorable! Love Love Love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out very cute... Nice photography too! I can't get over your weather versus mine! We have flowers growing here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been trying hard to take better pictures! Our weather has been all over the place! It snowed last weekend, was 60-70 this week, and then snowed again on Saturday. It's crazy!

      Delete
  3. Love it - I'm a big fan of pearls too and this looks so cute. Pinning it to my Craftastic & Valentine's boards. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely L-O-V-E this!!!! Fabulous idea, well done! :*) Thanks for sharing!

    Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Pearls are amazing, aren't they? I'd be tickled if you'd link up at Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! Very creative, too. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Very girly and romantic! It reminds me of jewelry, which I love since I make it! :) Thanks for linking up to the Craft-Off!

    Sarah
    Craft Quickies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your love sign too! It is like little bubbles of love! It is perfect in every way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome love crafts and I will try to give one of these to my love and I hope she will like it. This is really appreciable craftwork.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.