Friday, May 17, 2013

Sherry and Tarragon Carrots

I got this recipe from my aunt who brought these carrots to Thanksgiving last year. They are the perfect way to add a little bit of flavor to your carrots.


Unfortunately, there are no numbered ingredients for this. I'll just tell you, approximately, how much I used.
-carrots (I used an entire bag and after serving 3, still had 2 servings left over, at least)
-sherry cooking wine (I used about half a bottle)
-water
-dried tarragon (I used maybe 1-2 TBS)

1. Peel the carrots and chop into approximately two inch pieces. If the carrots are very thick, cut in half or even quarters to make all the pieces roughly the same size.


2. Put the carrots in a skillet and pour sherry cooking wine on top until carrots are almost completely covered. Dilute sherry with some water by adding water until the carrots are completely covered. Bring to a boil.

Here it is before the water:

 

And after:


3. Reduce temperature and simmer until carrots are fork tender. Sprinkle tarragon on top while simmering (I sprinkled some around until the top was covered). When done, scoop carrots out with a slotted spoon and serve.



These are nice and yummy! The flavor boost is very subtle which I like. It seems like a lot of times carrots are coated in too much stuff to add flavor.


Do you like my pretty dish? I found it at my parents' house when I was packing up some other china and fell in love. Luckily, my mom let me have it. I served these at Mother's Day dinner and my mom was really happy to see it in use.

2 comments:

  1. Dianna, just lovely. It would be great if you linked in to Food on Friday: Carrots & Leeks. The showcases from this Food on Friday have not yet been selected. This link will take you to my home page where you will find a sidebar with links to all the different Food on Fridays. So that I know you have linked and can be sure to pin to the board I have for each one, please do leave a short comment. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound yummy. I have a hard time getting my family to eat carrots. :) And yes, the china is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.