Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Poinsettia Wreath

Here is another wreath I made just last week. It wasn't within my original plan but I ended up giving one of the ones I'd already presented away as a Christmas gift so I needed to make another one for that wreath's original planned receiver. I started off by wrapping it in some dark green yarn I'd found in my closet. Apparently I wanted to make a scarf out of it but completely forgot I'd bought it! It was such a nice color and perfect for Christmas!


I took some extra leaves from past projects and made them into a little flower - almost like a poinsettia. First I glued on the white and ended up not having enough left over so I very sneakily had to pull some off of this one that no one would notice. I only took two, I swear! Sorry other wreath! After my theft, I glued the gold leaves on top.


Then I added a little jingle bell in the center.


I finished by wrapping an old gold bead chain we had lying around. It didn't match the one we put on our Christmas tree so I put it to good use! Lastly, I added a sheer red ribbon for hanging to match the bell. Easy-peasy!


Stay tuned for two more wreath tutorials this week!

This is where I'm linking up this week...
Just Something I Whipped Up
Craftastic Monday






One Artsy Mama

monogram

1 comment:

  1. I love how simple this is! You did a really nice job on all the wreaths but this one is my favorite. I really like the chunky beads. I'm a new follower via Mingle With Us Blog Hop.

    I'm cohosting a Link party this week at my blog Chickenscratchny.blogspot.com I would love it if you would stop by and link up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.