Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello There 2012

It is almost the end of the first day of the new year. Last year I decided not to give myself a list of resolutions. Instead I went over what happened in 2010 and what I expected to happen in 2011. Looking over some of the things on that list makes me laugh a little bit (having my own place by November HAH!).

2011 has been a year of ups and downs for me. I've made some huge accomplishments and have had a couple low points. For example, while I earned my master's degree in European Studies and finished my year in Edinburgh, Scotland, I've come home to a five month period of unemployment which has been completely unexpected. Thankfully, I've discovered my new passion for crafting! I've only had a crafting blog for a few months (Craft A Spell was previously called Dianna the Explorer and focused on my adventures abroad) and only really got into it around Thanksgiving but I've been having a blast and it's been keeping me occupied. Here's to keeping it up in 2012 and having a better beginning to 2012 than the ending I had in 2011.

My absolute favorite project of 2011 - and my first wreath ever - was my Christmas bauble wreath (although the Peace on Earth wreath was a close second). I loved it so much that I kept it for myself and made two mini versions for my friends. One was in the same color scheme as the one above (picture forgotten!) and the other is purple and silver shown below. Isn't it so cute and mini?


This was made from pom-poms, bells, mini pine cones, various Styrofoam balls that can be found in the (Christmas) floral section at places like Michaels or Hobby Lobby, and Styrofoam vase fillers. It was hard to find a uniform shade of purple so I went with it and just did various shades. This was for a friend who's school colors included purple but this could almost be some type of new years wreath!

I hope everyone has a great 2012!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty. Would you please post the "ingredients" list for this wreath? I live 30 miles from any store that carries these items, so I like to get what I need the first time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry but I don't have labels/brand names anymore as I made this about a month and a half ago. I don't have the wreath anymore either to get a closer look at. I just walked around the store and picked what I liked but for this one it was a lot of odds and ends from previous crafts I had lying around. Some of the items were from the Christmas stock so they might not be around anymore. But I literally just picked a color scheme and wandered the store finding anything circular that might work. I'll be sure to do more detailed lists in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the response. This wreath was so unique looking. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I loved the first one and now I REALLLLLY love the purple one! {I think it would look nice on my door while the Ravens are in the playoffs!} You know you want to mail me one. ;)
    Seriously, you rock. Great job! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catering to football colors sounds like a great idea! I love making wreaths and have considered selling some and if I do, you'll be the first person I'll let know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom would love this! She loves purple. I may have to steal this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.