Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine's Week: Nutella Puffs

Welcome to the first official post of ~**Valentine's Week**~! ~**Valentine's Week**~ at Craft A Spell will run from Friday, February 1st, 2013 through Friday, February 8th, 2013. We're going to start off with something for the taste buds - nutella puffs!

Okay, I'm warning you...these may not win visually but they sure win in taste!


I had one sheet of puff pasty left over from my brie recipe. I rolled it out a little bit and cut it into squares/rectangles.


I plopped some Nutella in the center. If you don't know how much a plop is, let's call it a heaping tablespoon.


I then cut up some strawberries and marshmallows.


The strawberries had three pieces and the marshmallows a half of a large one.



I folded the squares over (they were a little full) and used a fork to press the edges together.


Then I brushed an egg wash over the pastry (one egg mixed with one tablespoon water) and sprinkled the top with sugar.


I baked them for about twenty minutes at 350 degrees F. They totally exploded but it was okay because they were absolutely delicious.

 

They juices spilled out from the strawberry ones but, again, okay. Delicious. They may have been a little soggy but, seriously, it did. not. matter. Delicious. Delicious. Delicious. Delicious.


I'm not ashamed to admit that we ate them all. My favorite was the one that had nutella, strawberries, and marshmallows in it!

I'm linking up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate your feedback.